Answer these questions and discuss them with the rest of your class.
- Did they enjoy the play?
- What was the general feeling of the play?
- Who was their favourite character? Why?
- Did they have a favourite or least favourite scene? Why?
- What types of reactions did you have to the play? Did it seem realistic?
- Did any scenes or moments in the play stand out? Why or why not?
Afterwards, discuss more specific questions about the themes and concepts in the play.
- What was Instant about? Describe.
- What was the main concept or point of Instant? Explain.
- Can you relate to it? Why or why not?
- Did Instant seem like a believable real-life story to you? Why or why not?
- What did you think of the ending of the play?
- Discuss the various relationships in the play. Can you name them?
- What did you think of Mer and Jay’s relationship when the play started? Did your opinion change at all by the end?
- What about Rosie and her relationship with Mer, how did it change?
- What about Rosie and Jay, describe their relationship and its evolution.